Wednesday, February 1, 2012

WIP Wednesday {2.1.12}

Wow guys, can you believe it's not only Wednesday already, but February as well?!?! Insanity! I am getting back into my groove so time has started flying again. Which is good. I got so much done this week and I am so happy with it. And today I am ready to jump into some quilts. I have a pile that I want to do in the next 5 months or so, which means I better get a move on. At least now I have cleared out most other things and can focus on them. Until I add more to my list again haha!

Completed:

Embroidery 101 top


I didn't think I would get this done this week, but I managed it! That is correct, I finished the 5 embroidery blocks I had left and put it all together in the past week.  And I love it! I just need to go get some fabric for the back and quilt this bad boy! Maybe this weekend....

Nook case [for my sister]

I'll write more on this later in the week, but my sister told me what kind of case she wanted and I made my own version of it. It isn't perfect but I think it will work and I hope she likes it.

Nook case [for me]

This is quite possibly one of my favorite things I have ever made. It makes me happy every time I look at it (thank you whales and polka dots!) and it came together wonderfully. I used the tutorial at Fresh Lemons Quilts and seriously, I am looking for an excuse to make another :)

Still Going:

Skill Builder - waiting for the next block
Embroidery 101


New:

I am just going to list the quilts I have planned even though I haven't started cutting yet
*ikea quilt II - a second version of the plus/tumbler one I made
*quilt for my aunt and uncle
*echo quilt
 *scrappy string quilt - probably an ongoing project since I doubt I have enough string scraps at the moment.
*dresden toddler quilt


And those are just the ones I have piles of fabric sitting around for. And I'll probably add another scrappy quilt, but we'll see. I think I'll get some of this done first. We'll see what I start first, probably the ikea quilt.

And now that I am done embroidering, I can spend some nights knitting and reading until I have a quilt to bind :) Happy Wednesday!


WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

3 comments:

  1. Your cases are so cute! I love the whale and polka dots as well. I'm loving your "new" list. I'm trying to be good and not make a list. It'll make me antsy to start everything. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. your nook cases are very cute. i'm fired from any WIP Wednesdays until i actually sew something. i can't admit to all that i'm *not* working on.

    ReplyDelete