Well as I said, I was making another dress for the little one. This time it is another practice dress, but for a 4th of July dress this time. I had another pattern I had been planning on using but I wasn't totally happy with it. The dress I wanted to buy was a.) too expensive and b.)not available in the size I needed anyway, so I figured I would just make one infinitely cuter. A week or two ago I was wandering online as I am apt to do, and on pinterest I stumbled upon this tutorial. I was hesitant at first because I would have to make my own pattern, but I loved it so much I decided to give it a try.
Boy am I glad I did! It came out so stinking cute and I just can't wait to make the next! It fits pretty much perfectly, there are just a few minor adjustments, such as making the arm holes a bit bigger and maybe scoop the neck a bit more. I used a yellow gingham which I had laying around having been given it by my husbands grandmother when she cleaned out her stuff. I had no idea what to do with it anyway. And the bias tape that is around the neck and sleeves is leftover quilt binding. Perfect and free. And it came together really quickly which is always a plus.
The 4th of July version will involved polka dots and red accents. I can't wait! But before I can make that and the birthday dress, I have a quilt to quilt and a few other small things to get out of the way, all of which needs to be done pretty much by the end of the month. I better get busy!