Friday, June 17, 2011

Knit Market Tote

I have been really into doing some little knitting projects recently. I really like to knit and work with yarn, it just seems so much slower and I also like playing with fabric and instant gratification so that usually wins. I saw a bunch of knit market totes pinned on pinterest and really wanted to make one. In fact I think I started one the next day. I mostly followed this pattern, I just used the size needles I had (8 and 13 I think) and did a 2 row pattern of K1, YO instead of offsetting them. It came out awesome and it was so simple. It's huge! I can't even imagine how much it would hold. Of course it was a gift and has already been given because if there is one thing I do not need right now, it is more bags in the house :) I used some Lily cotton self-striping yarn and I like the effect. The only thing I might change next time is to make the handles a bit longer. The hardest part really was getting it on and then off the circular needles for the first round, going up in needle size so much.

For the one picture I stuffed it with some batting just to give you an idea of how much this bad boy stretches and how huge it is. It could still go further.




I want to make another one for me in a cream cotton that I have, but I keep telling myself I really don't need it. Oh, and that cream is impractical. Maybe one of these days. For now I have some knit things that if I start now, I might have done for winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment