Friday, September 23, 2011

Farmer's Wife - Week 10

Wow, 10 weeks? Really?? This week I took two days to do my blocks instead of one. By the end of the first day I had 3 done and 2 more cut out so I figured I would finish them up yesterday morning....but then I needed more thread. Finally last night before dinner I snuck in some time and got them done. I know I say this every week, but I love them. They are so pretty. I now have 52 out of 111 done! And next week I should pass the halfway point!!!

So here's what I've got this week


#85 - Square Dance
Love! It's the bird that really makes it :)


#27 - Darting Birds
This one is pretty cool, I must say. I always love this orange fabric.


#52 - Hovering Hawks
This rainbow block came out pretty well, but I think that green square with the polka dots in the middle, yeah, it's a problem since the dots blend in with the background and make the design less clean. Oh well, live and learn. Other than that it looks good.


#28 - Duck & Ducklings
This was pretty easy and it is a cute block.


#87 - Star Gardener
I love this! This green makes a wonderful background! I hope there are more stars that I can keep the star white and do a color background, I love it!

And here they are together


I obviously still have yet to find the time and a place to get all the blocks together, but I'm going to try soon. I can't wait to see them all together! I am hoping to start looking for some sashing in the next month at some LQS and that will make it even more exciting!

And now, on to the weekend! With any luck swoon will have the binding on the front by the end of the day and I will spend the weekend working on some things for the little lady (the scrapbook has been postponed due to lack of ink for the printer and some clothes sewing has been substituted) and a skill builder block. Sounds like a good time to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment