Friday, September 9, 2011

Farmer's Wife - Week 8

So I figured it out, and if I do 4-5 blocks each week, I should be able to have this quilt finished by my birthday. Which would be a pretty spectacular gift to snuggle under. With that in mind, I made sure to get 5 blocks done this week :) They all came out quite nicely and this brings me to 42/111.



#98 - Waterwheel
I am not in love with my fabric choices on this. I think they are a bit too busy and the design gets lost.


#61 - Northern Lights
I thought about switching this one so that the main design would be the pattern and the background white, but I stuck with the light/dark from the original and I'm glad I did. I love this!


#80 - Single Wedding Star
This one I did reverse the color value. It just seemed like something called a single wedding star should be a nice yellow :) So bright and happy!


#50 - Honey's Choice
I think this is a bizzare one. I don't know why, but my eyes loose the pattern a lot of the time. It wasn't even until I took a picture that I could clearly focus on the pinwheels. It's a cool block though. 

 #95 - Temperance Tree
 I like how this turned out although I was a bit skeptical at first. 

And here they are together. A very warm colored group :) I guess that means next week will have to be a lot of blue, purple, and green!



And this weekend may be one spent stuck in the house since our area is having some pretty terrible flooding (like national news, worst in recorded history terrible). Luckily so far we just have a little water in the basement (a pretty normal occurrence) so we are hoping we don't lose power/water. We shall see. Hopefully that means I will be nice and productive!

No comments:

Post a Comment