Friday, September 30, 2011

Farmer's Wife - Halfway done!!!


Don't they look lovely? I certainly love them. I actually don't know if I'm happy or sad about being halfway done this QAL. I guess since I still have another half left, I'll stick with happy :) This week I managed 4 blocks which brought my grand total up to 56 blocks out of 111.  Oddly enough, it was also my first dealings with y-seams. In 3 out of 4 blocks. I didn't see that coming, so that was a little rough. But I made it through and the blocks came out pretty well. A few....puckers, but nothing too horrible. I feel like I should celebrate the halfway point or something, I just don't know what that means haha.

Anyway, here are this weeks blocks.


#31 - Evening Star
Love! Things started off so simply and innocently. I love the red as a background and I am having a great time putting these birds in the center of blocks. 



#47 - Homemaker
This one I knew was coming up and I knew it was harder to put together. So I was prepared and it didn't go too badly. I had one little seam ripper problem, but it got fixed up all right and I am happy with it even though there are a few little pucker spots.



#37 - Flower Pot
This block, I did not realize until I started that there were any non-straight seams. But they were not bad at all and it came out really well. This block is actually a favorite of mine I think.



#43 -  Garden Path
I did not see these seams coming. I was not happy. But it came out alright. Not great, but alright. Oh well.

And here are these 4 together



I have already checked next weeks blocks to make sure there are some nice easy ones haha. I also may or may not have decided on sashing. I am thinking this Michael Miller print right now, but we'll see after I go do some quilt shop hopping in a couple weeks.



I have no idea how I'm going to lay them out in the end but I will figure that out when the time comes. I think I may start by following the diagram in the book and go from there. Who knows how that will balance the colors. But, as I said, I have a while.

And now, I have some serious binding to do. And visiting. And fall-ish things, weather permitting. So have a lovely weekend. Next week I should have finished thank you gifts to share, another month of skill builder blocks, and a few other things hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment