Friday, December 2, 2011

Farmer's Wife: the almost done edition

I am so close to finished these blocks I can taste it! I made 5 more blocks this week, so I only have 6 left (one of each color) which I will finish next week. I thought about pushing through and finishing this week, but I still don't have sashing (hopefully I'll pick some up today) and I have so many other things I need to work on. So next week the blocks should be done. I have mixed feelings about it since as much as I can't wait to snuggle under this quilt, I will miss making these happy little blocks. But enough of that, I can worry about that later! On to the blocks!


#92 - Streak of Lightning
This one is a really fun rainbow one. It is a simple block and I love having all the colors in it. 


#102 - Whirlpool
I had a hard time figuring out how to make rainbow work for this, but in the end I just went the random route an I like it a lot. 


#16 - Calico Puzzle
Nice and simple. 


#63 - Ozark Maple Leaf
I like this one a lot more than I thought I would. It's quite a cool block. 


#14 - Butterfly at the Crossroads
I don't tend to love the blocks I make with these polka dots, I am not sure why. But I love this. A lot. I want lots of these happy little blocks.



And there you have it. Tune in next week for the final installment of blocks. And then I kick the hubby and the kid out of the house and put together a very large quilt top next weekend :) I am very much looking forward to it. But first things first, this weekend I have much to sew and some holiday decorating to do, and a parade to go to and hot chocolate to drink....you know, December things! Have a good weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment