Friday, December 30, 2011

A very crafty year

As we prepare to say goodbye to 2011, and ring in 2012 I've been thinking a lot about this year. It has been a crazy one. I have definitely pushed myself to be more creative and try a lot of new things. I thought the best way to illustrate my crafty year was a few collages of the things I've made. Quite honestly, seeing it all together surprised me a lot. I really did make a lot this year. And I learned a lot too.

Quilting is an area that I have really grown in. I made 12 quilts (not including my ongoing samplers)! I learned to paper piece, got involved in some QALs, linked up with WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced, and achieved one of my big goals: I learned to Free Motion Quilt! I am really quite proud of myself :)




Quilts are impressive. They are {often} big, they have a lot of steps, and require a lot of time. But even more impressive to me is the huge pile of other things I've sewn this year. I tend to do a lot of small projects, mostly when I need something to make me feel accomplished quickly. Most of the time it is useful things that I need an don't feel like buying. I made quite a few bags (some with zippers!!), and much to my amazement, learned to make clothes for my little girl! I am so proud of the cute dresses I made her this summer! I learned to embroider too! This is a collage of most of the things. There are even some things not pictured (and some that I'll finish today) and some pictures have more than one thing. I must have gone crazy!



Even with all that, I found a bit of time to knit a few things and learn to crochet!



Considering this was also my first full year of motherhood, I didn't do too bad :) I have some more big goals for 2012, but I'll have more on that later as the year starts. I can't believe all that I did this year and all the skills I learned.  I am very much looking forward to what the new year will bring. Happy New Year everyone!

1 comment: