I wasn't going to post this today, I was going to wait, but I got too excited and had to share. My farmer's wife blocks are all together :) They look so happy and wonderful. It took me alllllll weekend. I still have to add the borders, but for the most part, the top is done.
for the record, that is:
252 sashing strips
110 cornerstone squares
32 cornerstone triangles
32 setting triangles
It was such a long process that took over the entire living room floor, but I am so happy it is done. I used the diagram from the book for the layout and then moved some things around so the colors were balanced. I still need to figure out exactly what I want for a back. I am considering flannel, but I think that is just the cold weather talking, so we'll see.
In other news, this is my 200th post :) I hadn't even realized.
Now I have to go work on other things since my list is still a gagillion miles long. And I have very few days left to get things done before we leave. I did finish the quilt I was working on; it is being washed at the moment, but there will be pictures soon. And hopefully by Wednesday my list will have quite a few more things crossed off!