Monday, December 12, 2011

Farmer's Wife -the next chapter

I wasn't going to post this today, I was going to wait, but I got too excited and had to share. My farmer's wife blocks are all together :) They look so happy and wonderful. It took me alllllll weekend. I still have to add the borders, but for the most part, the top is done.

for the record, that is:
111 blocks
252 sashing strips
110 cornerstone squares
32 cornerstone triangles
32 setting triangles






It was such a long process that took over the entire living room floor, but I am so happy it is done. I used the diagram from the book for the layout and then moved some things around so the colors were balanced. I still need to figure out exactly what I want for a back. I am considering flannel, but I think that is just the cold weather talking, so we'll see.

In other news, this is my 200th post :) I hadn't even realized. 

Now I have to go work on other things since my list is still a gagillion miles long. And I have very few days left to get things done before we leave. I did finish the quilt I was working on; it is being washed at the moment, but there will be pictures soon. And hopefully by Wednesday my list will have quite a few more things crossed off!

3 comments:

  1. Yay yay yay!!!! It's so great to see it done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh- it looks AMAZING!!!!! Holy cow- I can't believe you got that done in one weekend. LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two wonderful milestones: 200th post and the FW blocks all sewn up together. Congratulations! I love how the quilt top looks like a stained glass window in one of the photos - gorgeous. :)

    ReplyDelete