Wednesday, October 5, 2011

WIP Wednesday {10.5.11}

Well today is a bit of a sad day for me personally, but I am hoping to distract myself with happy memories and some beautiful farmer's wife blocks. I feel like I have a lot in progress right now, which I guess for me I do. I was surprised when I sat down to write this just how many thing I have laying around. Things are kinds slow going, but I am chipping away at it all.

Completed:

Thank you gifts!

Love these! They are given and loved and I am so happy with them. 

FWQAL


I am halfway done these beauties!!! I can hardly believe it and I am so excited!!

New:

Ikea quilt

I have been saving these fabrics for ages, at least a year, and finally have enough time to make a quilt just because. So I started it yesterday and I am totally excited! I just need to get some more fabric...


long sleeved shirts for the little one

I put together the pattern for a hoodie and drew out a pattern for a long sleeved t-shirt and gathered up some fabric....I just need a bit more fabric so I can do it all at once. 

cute little project

A couple weeks ago I won a FW block from Melinda at quirky granola girl that she had made but hated and now it is being turned into a little something to make me smile. I just need a lining fabric. Can you tell I need to do some shopping? haha

Still going:

Swoon

I am finally in the process of binding this bad boy. I am halfway done and I think two more movie nights and it will be finished. I can't wait until it is all washed and I can see it finished!


SBS
I forgot it was a week off so that was kinda good, and I am opting out of this challenge block for now since I want to make sure I have enough fabric for the others and at the end I may go back and make some for the back. I will post about this months blocks tomorrow.

So that's what I've got. We'll see how far I get this week. We have another guest this weekend so I will be missing out on another weekend of sewing. And next weekend I think will be a quilt shop hopping weekend :) And the weekend after that is more guests. I kinda miss my weekend sewing marathons. Anyway, happy Wednesday!

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

6 comments:

  1. I love the quilt "I'd love to stay but I really (mustache)" so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your FW blocks in rainbow colors. It will be a stunning quilt! I bought the book, but haven't started the blocks yet. Someday...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great color option for the farmers wife quilt. How happy it looks. I also love the "must-dash" quilt, very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. incredible use of color on your farmer's wife qal blocks. it is going to be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for you! Your FW blocks are coming along nicely. I think the colors are very pretty, I'll be looking forward to seeing it completed! The 'moustache" quilt...that is just sweet and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, look at that FWQAL!!!! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete