Friday, November 11, 2011

Farmer's Wife - Week 16

The sashing drama continues! After I ordered the sashing I really wanted a few weeks back and found out it wasn't actually in stock, I was bummed. But I kept looking and found a black fabric from connecting threads (morse code in black in case you are wondering) that I thought looked nice. So finally I ordered that and it arrived yesterday. The problem is, the little dots that looked gray on the computer screen, they are actually brown. And I hate it. I actually think I am going to return it, that's how much I dislike this fabric (and it was cheap, so if I didn't hate it I would totally save it and use it for something else). So I'm kinda sad about it. I'm not sure what I am going to do. Maybe solid black, maybe black pindot, maybe I'll keep looking for the Michael Miller fabric that I wanted in the first place.

Also, I really wanted to get 6 blocks done this week but I barely got done 5 yesterday and I have so much else to do that I didn't want to drag it into another day. Maybe next week I'll do some extra. All around it was kinda disappointing. But I will say that I love the blocks this week. And I have 85 done now. The first 3 I did were a breeze. I got them done quickly with no problem. Then things got a bit more complicated. So here they are:


#29 - Economy
So simple and nice :)


#81 - Snowball
Once again, nice and easy and I love this green fabric.


#3 - Basket
I like this one. I even got the handle appliqued quickly and without trouble. It was amazing.  Although I will say that the handle seems too big and I'm afraid it will get caught in the seam allowance when I sew it all together. I guess we'll see.


#78 - Shooting Star
This is where things got difficult. Please do not inspect my points too much. Also, I decided to do it in rainbow but since the original is done in two colors, I separated them into warm/cool and I like the way it worked out. 


#82 - Spider Legs
Man these pieces were tiny. I love the block, it looks really cool. And it wasn't even that difficult really, but those pieces are very small. And things aren't perfect. But I like it anyway.



I am just so happy with how this is coming out. I only have 26 more blocks to go. I am starting to think about how I'm going to quilt this bad boy, but I just don't know. I am considering just straight lines in the sashing or something since I'm not sure what I could do that would look good with so many different blocks. And I should be able to quilt up to 10" apart with the warm and natural batting and the blocks are only 6" finished so that might work. Any suggestions???

Have a good weekend! I'm going to go celebrate 11.11.11...possibly at 11:11 :)

1 comment:

  1. That's a great idea to quilt in the sashing. I kind of agree with you that finding a quilting that fits inside of all of the blocks would be nigh unto impossible.

    ReplyDelete