Thursday, November 17, 2011

Drawstring Bags

I love to make useful things. I really do. And this one idea I totally can't take credit for. The other day, Becky over at The Thompsons, posted about using Leila's tutorial to make some drawstring bags, one for her sons wooden blocks. It was then that the brainwave struck and I realized I could just make a drawstring bag for my little lady's blocks. She has a Melissa & Doug set of alphabet blocks, and the velcro stopped sticking, so something had to be done (don't ask me why it didn't occur to me before).

I looked at that tutorial, but I decided that I wanted something with a lining so that I could do some more piecing and not have so many raw edges. So I settled on Jeni's tutorial over at In Color Order. And I love it! It came together quickly and easily and is actually the perfect size for the blocks. I loved it so much I decided to make one for me to hold knitting projects!






I used scraps I had for each of them. I love the little owl fabric I used for the little lady! I don't even know where I got it at this point, but it works perfectly and the bag has a boxed bottom so it stands up with the blocks in it and makes it so much easier to put them away. And mine is leftover pieces from my pink and brown quilt.  I was apparently on a pink kick this week. These little bags are great! I am even thinking about making some to give gifts in. But I guess first I have to make sure the gifts would fit in them haha. 

Now I guess I should go get something done. See you tomorrow for some Farmer's Wife blocks!!

1 comment: