Thursday, November 3, 2011

Skill Builder Sampler: month 5

We are almost halfway done the skill builder sampler! 15 blocks done and we are starting to get into the more difficult of skills. We ended this month and will be continuing next month with some paper piecing, which, thanks to the summer sampler I am actually not too afraid of. After that comes things like applique and curves which I am looking forward to since I am much less comfortable with things like that.

So for this months blocks:


Block #13 - String Block
We started out with some foundation paper piecing, making a string block. This is my favorite block so far and one I had always wanted to try, I just hadn't gotten around to it yet. I love it! I eventually want to make a string quilt I think.


Block #14 - Crazy Quilt Block
This was a foundation pieced block. It is not my favorite, but it came out pretty well. I am not a fan of the more chaotic blocks I think. The main plus to this one is that I got to try out all the decorative stitches on my machine, so that was pretty fun :)


Block #15 - Diamond Dash
This was the first paper pieced block. It was definitely a simple one. I ended up changing up the final layout and making this snowball-like block instead of the churn dash-like block, but I like it.

And here is what I've got so far:


I am really loving it all together. I like it more and more every time we add blocks. I just hope I have enough fabric for another 21 blocks since I don't think it will be easy to find more of all of them. I probably won't make any more challenge blocks until the end when I will go back and do them to add to the back with whatever fabric I have leftover.

And now I think I'm going to go make some more Farmer's Wife blocks :) I love those little things!

No comments:

Post a Comment