Monday, November 28, 2011

Skill Builder Sampler: Halfway done!

And cue the return to real life. For a few weeks before everything is disrupted for the next holiday.  I have a definite love/hate relationship with this time of year now that I have a little one. We survived though, and even had some fun! Now I just have to get back in the swing of things.  Anyway, back to the matter at hand.

This month brings us to the halfway point in this QAL. And it is getting to be more fun every week. We have 18 out of 36 blocks complete and we are getting to the hard stuff. This month was all about the paper piecing. A skill that I am relatively comfortable with, but certainly in need of some practicing.

This month we did:


Block #16 - Minnesota
This is one that I had done before in the Summer Sampler. I don't love all the pink actually, but I think sashed with the white/tan polka dots and mixed in with all the rest it will look good. The sweet stripes more than make up for it :)


Block #17 - Starry Night
I love this. The pattern is cool and I love the way the colors worked out.


Block #18 - Circle of Geese
I have seen these all over blogland and I had been thinking about how someday I wanted to try one. Literally the next day I got my chance! It worked out perfectly since there are 12 geese and I am using 12 different fabrics, so I used one of each. I love this block! I would like to {someday} make a whole quilt of these or some variation.

And this is what I have so far


 I am having a hard time getting pictures now that there are so many blocks. They blow away and don't really fit on my walkway and the weather is pretty unpredictable. So I'll have to work that little problem out. I tried the steps this time and it worked fairly well I guess, but it's not a great picture. We'll see. Anyway, here they are! And I can't wait for the next one where we start with applique!

1 comment: