Monday, November 14, 2011

Nikki Tote

Well it's Monday again. Another weekend gone too fast. A productive one at least. I am slowly realizing that next week is Thanksgiving and that means lots to do and traveling coming up quick. I hope I can get everything done before we leave for the holiday, but this week is looking pretty crazy.

This weekend I got a couple things done/mostly done. I actually quilted my Ikea quilt and the binding is attached, I just need to hand sew it down. The other big thing is my Nikki Tote.


Man, I love this thing. I can't remember when I first came across the pattern, but I've been wanting it for some time now. I finally bought it last week and obviously couldn't wait to get started on it. Originally it was supposed to be a tote for my laptop and such when we travel, but the top opening is just a tad small for my laptop in its case, so instead it will be the new diaper bag. Which I am super excited about considering how often I have it with me. It is so huge, and I love it. The pockets inside are great. I picked a tan fabric for the handles, a Modern Meadow fabric I picked up quilt shop hopping for the outside, and a DS quilts fabric from Joann's for the lining. I decided not to put the buttons on the handles. It would have been a nice finishing touch, but I haven't been able to find any that are big enough that I like so for now, it goes without.




It really is a great pattern. Easy to follow, and I got it put together pretty quickly. I can't wait for out next outing to get it all packed up and test it out :)  This bad boy might even be bigger than the big tote bag from target we've been using! Alright, now I've got to go start plowing through my to-do list!

No comments:

Post a Comment